Treatments employed are based on the use of natural medicines and approaches. A bespoke treatment plan is specifically designed for you, with short term and long term goals. Conventional medicine and other disciplines of healthcare are by no means excluded when necessary or helpful.
Herbal Medicines are herbs, plants and flowers used medicinally to treat a vast array of ailments and encourage well-being. Herbs can be safely given in conjunction with ongoing necessary medications and other circumstance such as waiting for surgery and pregnancy. This is due to knowledge of drug/herb interactions as well as personalised prescriptions made to ensure that it will be safe to take whatever your circumstance.
Several forms of herbal medicine are used, such as:
- Tinctures – the herb is extracted and preserved in alcohol and the liquid remedy needs to be diluted in water
- Syrups – These are often given to children or for certain ailments such as coughs or sore throats
- Capsules – These contain mostly powders, but some are liquid capsules.
- Dried Herbs – These are used to make teas, baths and poultices.
- Creams, Salves, Aromatic waters and poultices are used to apply externally.
- Mushrooms – Used for their medicinal properties over thousands of years, with modern scientific research support.
- For more information on herbal medicines click here
CBD oil is gaining momentum as a natural remedy with many medical benefits and it is being back by scientific research. It can help in pain management, reduce anxiety and depression, alleviate cancer related symptoms, help common skin conditions, may have neuroprotective properties, could benefit heart health, as well as several other potential benefits. It is known to interact with several medications as well as have some side effects. Therefore it is recommended to seek professional advice before taking these oils.
Nutrition and Diet
It was once said ‘let your food by thy medicine or medicine your food’, and how true this is. Dietary changes can medicinal affect us physically and mentally. Eating the right food and at the right times that suits you, can improve your overall health and address health issues. Generally speaking, supplements are given only when dietary sources are inadequate or to correct deficiencies, assist repair and renewal processes or to improve cellular and mineral functions.
This addresses many factors that can have an effect on your well-being. It includes;
- Stress management
- Environmental pollutants
- Work/Life Balance
- How to make quality time for yourself
- Increase Confidence in your Personal and Professional Life
- Conflict resolution
We live in a world where it is hard to take time to hear ourselves think never mind, understand the impact of situations, relationships or our thought processes have on us. The one thing we all have in common, is that these things will surface, at some point. They can appear as physically, mentally or both physically and mentally imbalance when things become a bit overwhelming. You will find a safe place where you can have a time to talk things over or just take the time to think. You will be enabled to unscramble these things, to be truly heard and help you to move forward.
Essential oils are distilled from plants to treat a wide variety of physical and emotional complaints. It can be effective to enhance your sense of health and wellbeing. The oils are applied by various means.